I am lucky enough to work for FFW and amazing company that allows me to spend most of my working hours contributing to DrupalConsole project. Contributing and doing evangelism is great, but having a chance to work on Drupal 8 projects, it's an opportunity to refresh my knowledge about Drupal 8 and to test DrupalConsole in real life projects.
What kept me busy during 2015
- Development of our new company site https://ffwagency.com, as you can guess we used Drupal 8. I did develop at least two Drupal 8 modules I am planning to release as contributed modules.
- Participate on a project where we are developing using Drupal 8. During the development of this project at least two new commands were added and other three improved and updated to be compatible with the latest release of Drupal 8.
- Contributed with 4 Drupal core commits. (Wish I have the patience to contribute more to Drupal Core).
- Contributed to Web Profiler and Metatag modules.
- Released a Drupal 8 site for Drupal Console https://drupalconsole.com/
- Improved the Drupal Console documentation.
- Tag 39 release of Drupal Console project.
- Started the development of Drupal Console GUI.
One of my goals for 2015 was to spread the word about Drupal Console. I had the chance to speak at 2 DrupalCons, 7 DrupalCamps, and several meetups:
- DrupalCon Bogotá
- DrupalCon LA
- DrupalCamp Sao Paulo
- DrupalCamp Costa Rica
- DrupalCamp México
Beside the daily task as working on pajamas from home, kids going to school. I took a vacation with my awesome wife and kids we visited Costa Rica "Pura Vida Mae". This vacation trip includes a little work since I participate at the DrupalCamp Costa Rica and on also, on my way back home I stoped at Mexico City where I did participate on the PHP the right way meetup.
Music is really important for my, during this year I listen as usual a lot of music, but the records I remember listening the most are:
- Failure - The Heart Is a Monster
- TsseractT - Polaris
- Steven Wilson - Hand Cannot Erase
- The Pineapple Thief - Magnolia
- Gazpacho - Demon
- Nordic Giants - Build Seas Dismantle Suns
- The Volture - Sonoma
- Azul Violeta - Lo Público y lo Privado
- Santullo - El Mar sin Miedo
- Vetusta Morla - 15151
What to expect for 2016
- Keep working on Drupal 8 projects to maintain myself updated about Drupal.
- Participate in a Symfony, Silex or Laravel project.
- Release a 1.0.0-alpha version of DrupalConsole in January.
- Release a 1.0.0 version of DrupalConsole in May, yes for DrupalCon New Orleans.
- Complete the MVP for Drupal Console GUI in May for DrupalCon New Orleans.
- Improve the Drupal Console documentation.
- Release modules I create while doing client work.
- Keep reviewing and commenting on Drupal Console issues.
- Keep sending, reviewing and merging PR at Drupal Console project.
- Continue spreading the word about Drupal 8 and Drupal Console,
- Submit talks about Symfony and Design Patterns as well.
- Resurrect Drupodcast.
- Complete the move to my new home office.
- Learn ReactJS and improve my JS skills.
- Plan another vacation including family.
- Write in this blog more regularly, at least once or twice a month.
- Improve my guitar skills and start learning to play the piano.
- Do some jamming sessions, urged me to have a hobby, too much work + contributions is not healthy.
- Record a few songs. I have been delaying this forever but maybe this year I can allocate some time for doing this.
NOTE: If you want me to speak at your event, meetup or webinar feel free to ping me about it.